What to expect when you are offered a property with South Tyneside Homes
- The property has been subject to repair work.
- The property will be cleaned, swept and free from rubbish and building debris.
- All electrics are fully checked throughout to comply with safety standards.
- The toilet, bath, sink and shower (if present) including taps and pipes will be cleaned.
- Plugs will be supplied with chains.
- Any shower area will be tiled.
- Internal woodwork will be free from all major defect.
- All doors and windows will be secure and in good working order.
- You kitchen areas will be fit for purpose, clean and in working order.
- An electric cooker point will be fitted as standard.
- Communal areas will be clean, tidy and free from furniture and rubbish.
- Handrails and banisters will meet with safety requirements.
- All visible plaster work will be free from defects and ready for decoration.
- Floors and coverings will be clean and in safe condition.
- If the decor has been disturbed by repairs, you may be given a decoration allowance towards the cost of redecoration.
- Gardens will be clear of bulky waste and grass cuttings will be arranged if needed.
- Fences and boundary walls will be safe and secure.
- Any sheds or outhouses in good condition will be left and will become your responsibility.