Complaints and feedback
You said, we did
Customers are at the heart of what we do here at South Tyneside Homes and your feedback is so important to us as it helps us make services better for you.
Following comments gathered through satisfaction surveys, customer journey mapping, complaints and online comments and feedback we want to provide an update on what we plan to do.
Read on to find out how your feedback is making a difference.
Our response to your feedback
The information on the website regarding damp, mould and condensation could be improved.
- We have reviewed and refreshed our website to update the information and made it more accessible for customers.
The processes around dealing with cases of damp, mould and condensation in our homes need improving.
- We have created a Healthy Homes Team that will deal with all reports of damp, mould and condensation, making sure necessary work is completed as quickly as possible. This will ensure customers are kept updated with progress.
When a decant is required for major works to be carried out in our home, your communication could be improved.
- We have worked with our tenants panel to review the full decant procedure and have implemented processes to improve communication with customers.
Sometimes it is difficult to use the new heating thermostats you installed.
- When a new thermostat is fitted our heating engineers will show you how to work your new thermostat and will also leave you an instruction leaflet.
It seems to take a long time for repairs to be completed.
- We have reviewed our appointment system and deployed additional resources to meet demand.
The Repairs Team's response times for call backs needs to be improved.
- We have reviewed our internal processes to improve performance with call backs and reduce waiting times.
Sometimes the wrong trade operative attends to undertake the repair.
- We have reviewed and made changes to our repairs reporting system and worked with our teams to ensure the correct trade operative attends your repair.
For information on the improvements we made last year, please see Improvements made during 2021 and 2022.